Week and a Half Done in The MTC

Hey everyone I can’t believe it’s already been a week and a half!! Those first few days were pretty hard but this last week has been great! First I have to say that the gift of tongues is REAL! Within the first week I was able to pray, teach someone how to pray, and bear my testimony all in Spanish! I can also, in Spanish, recite the missionary purpose and baptism invitation. I am currently trying to memorize the first vision! Our first TRC is on Monday and me and my companion(Elder Parkin) are super nervous and excited at the same time! For those who don’t know what a TRC is its a simulation of companions teaching an investigator all the lessons and we don’t know if the person is a member in real life or not! (if that makes sense lol). Sunday was interesting because we had meetings all day and fasted till about 6 which for me is a first. It was great tho because we ended it with a film that was a talk from David A Bednar called “the character of Christ” and it was amazing if you guys can find it online at home I highly recommend it! Classes were pretty good throughout the week our teachers are awesome and so fun! The food here is pretty good but the worst thing is the lines and how many people are at this MTC I guess now is the best time to go on a mission! I am excited for today because we get to go to the temple for the first time! I have been able to grow a lot closer with my district and my companion this past week and we have lots of fun. I know I haven’t been here that long but I am already wanting to go to Canada!

Elder Rowbotham

~”There is no obstacle too great, no challenge too difficult, that we cannot meet with faith” -Gordon B. Hinckley


Comments

Popular Posts