First week in CANADA !
Hey friends and family!!
It's been a while since my last email! First off i want to just say I am grateful for everyone's support with all that has happened in the past few weeks. I know these experiences in my life are for a reason and will make me a stronger person.
This week has been pretty crazy but lots of fun! Me and my MTC comp were the only spanish in our group. When our group of missionaries got to the mission home on tuesday night we all saw the transfer board and saw that all the blank cards next to pictures of trainers were going to be us(if that makes sense). There was only one trainer with two blank cards next to his picture and of course he was a Spanish missionary. Long story short both me and my MTC companion Elder Parkin are being trained together by Elder Simonton! I'm pretty sure I got the best trainer possible because almost every single person we met said Elder Simonton was the best missionary here and that he's so awesome. I have already learned so much from him, he has been out for almost 21 months so he only has 2 transfers left! It has been really fun being in a trio with these guys! I am working on my Spanish everyday buts not too easy to practice cuz there's barely any Spanish people in edmonton.
We opened up a new area this transfer so this week has been a whole lot of street contacting and tracting. Our area is called Spanish Southwest and it is 1 of 3 Spanish areas in the city of Edmonton. Our home ward is a singles ward which is really cool. We met a lot of really cool people on Sunday! I would say the people here are generally nice but There is a lot that aren't. The hardest thing for me so far is the LRT(train contacting) because we have to go and sit next to strangers and trying talking to them about our church. Let's just say i should have talked to more strangers before I left on my mission cuz it's not easy!
Ok now let's talk about the weather! Flying in seeing snow on the ground everywhere made me pretty nervous. The first few days in the week was really cold(to me) but I have been told plenty of times that winter's get down to -40° sometimes and this week ranged between -2° to 5° (not sure what that is in Fahrenheit cuz they only go by celcuis here lol) but the past couple days it's been pretty warm like 10°! Overall it has been an exciting and good week!
Elder Rowbotham








Comments
Post a Comment