Rafael~

Hola amigos y familia!

Another weeks passed by up here in Edmonton and it's been great! The weather has been super nice all week not cold at all! Our area has been great so far a lot of different ways and options to proselyte. Overall I am having lots of fun and having a great time!

Our first week we were opening the area so we didn't have much dinners or teaching appointments. On Monday we started teaching a guy named Rafael from Mexico City or somewhere around there. The lesson went really good so we taught him again on Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday and again today! On Wednesday we asked him if he would be baptized and he said he wanted to read the Book of Mormon first and see how he feels and on Thursday we got a text from him saying he is going to be baptized which was so cool! I try to participate in the lessons as much as I can. I work on my spanish everyday but we don't get a lot of opportunities up here to practice. Is fun though because he is trying to learn English and me and Elder Parking are trying to learn Spanish. 

Also we've been having dinner appointments almost every night! They eat a lot of rice here but other than that we have something different every night. The popular food here is called donair and it's some kind of seasoned meat but it is super good! If anyone was wondering I haven't had any maple syrup yet.

Edmonton is sooo diverse! There are not a lot of Spanish people here but we find them! There are a ton of Asian people here! Probably mostly in our area because we live right next to the University of Alberta. There's also a lot of native american people here!(I'm trying to say the least offensive names) Theres people from all over the world here! 

Oh & to explain some of the pictures, we taught Rafael the WoW and showed him the stop smoking program. We told him to give us all his lighters so he wouldn't be able to smoke when he was tempted and so we all took a bunch of pictures with them hahaha. Also one of the pictures is our view from the basement we live in!

Elder Rowbotham



Comments

Popular Posts