Teaching and Eating A &W
Hey everyone!! Its been a quick week here in Edmonton! This has been the fastest week yet! Me and my companions are having a lot of fun being super busy. Missionary work is pretty exhausting but totally worth it!
We've been teaching a good amount lately! Were teaching this one guy in English named Riley & he's really cool he just struggles with coming to church which we are trying to help him come. On Wednesday, we taught a guy named Carlos about the Book of Mormon and he's really intelligent so he was asking super good questions and seemed to like everything we were saying. On Friday, we started reattaching the lessons to a guy named Luis and that lesson was the first time I personally asked someone to be baptized! Its was a really cool experience but he doesn't want to commit to be baptized yet so he's continuing to read the Book of Mormon. Sunday was the first time teaching an entire family. Me and elder Simonton went on splits with elder Urrelo from Newport Beach! He's the only native Spanish speaker in our mission at the moment. It went very good we taught them the gospel of Jesus Christ and they seemed to understand everything.
A little update on our amigo Rafael: On Tuesday we taught him el Evangelio de Jesucristo & it went very well. We went back on Friday to teach more and he told us that (for certain reasons that are private) he was gonna make a decision today of pretty much weather or not he was going to continue meeting with us or not. It was a very confusing and complicated situation so we brought him some extra bread last night to be nice and tell him will always be there for him. We see so much potential in him I hope he makes the right choice.
Other than teaching I'm getting better at my door approaches and train approaches which is always hard! The weather here has been perfect but I'm afraid its gonna get cold very soon. We have a different type of food every night for dinner its so nice. The big fast food place here is A&W and we've eaten there 3 times in the past week it's so good! Overall it's been an awesome busy week. I'm doing great my testimony is growing so much with all the experiences I've been having here. Hope everyone is doing great!
Sorry I'm bad at remembering to take pics so here's a couple!






Comments
Post a Comment