THANKSGIVING WITH A NEW COMP AND ELDER S
Hola amigos y familia! It's been a great busy week here in Edmonton! We had transfers on Wednesday which was lots of fun seeing all the missionaries in the mission! It's been lots of fun with my new companion Elder Urrelo. He is super funny and very smart.
We taught Aakash for the last time on Wednesday because we had to pass him over to the English elders. He is super smart he gets everything we teach him and just in a week he read the first 12 chapters of 1 nephi! He said he will be baptized only if 100 percent knows what we teach him is true. On Wednesday night we taught Ami (the 9 year old girl) the last lesson before her baptism on Saturday. We had Ami's baptism on Saturday and that was awesome! I was able to be one of the witnesses for the baptism and it was in Spanish too! It was a great experience. We also got one of our investigators Luis to come to the baptism so it turned out very good.
We had American Thanksgiving dinner with a guy from our ward named Dallin and his family. It was really good they had a lot of different food to eat. My favorite part of Thanksgiving dinner is the dessert we had really good pumpkin pie! I can't tell you guys how grateful I am for a car because for like a week we didn't have the car so we had to find rides or walk everywhere. I have a lot of respect for all the missionaries who have to walk or bike in their mission.
On Friday we did service for this one lady that we are trying to meet with. Me and Elder Urello went while Elder Simonton stayed because we had a lesson at the same time. We went to a basketball tournament to kept score for like 5 hours. It was actually lots of fun I was nervous to mess up the scores but I didn't so everything was great. We went on exchanges with the zone leaders on Sunday. Exchanges are fun they are pretty much like sleep overs with your friends. Since the zone leaders are training a new missionary, they had me and him go knocking doors. It was his first time but he did really good nobody was interested though(as usual).
That's pretty much all that happened this week! Time flies when your having fun & serving others and sharing the gospel is lots of fun. Hope everyone had a great week! Talk to you guys next Tuesday.
Sorry I didn't take like any pictures this week I'll be better next week! 1.walking over a bridge when we didn't have a car 2. Me taking a nap during dinner 3. Donair poutine is so good. I ate pretty much the whole thing
Elder Rowbotham


Comments
Post a Comment